The writer, producer, and actress who has confessed to her obsession for shoes is the Executive Producer of Jenifas’ Diary (TV Series). Akindele Olufunke Ayotunde, popularly known as Jenifa, is also the CEO of Scene One Productions – a content production company for television and movies. Her huge success in Nollywood gave rise to Jenifa’s Foundation as a way to give back to the society by nurturing talents through training and workshops. The second born among three children was born on the 24th of August 1976 in Lagos to a medical doctor mom and a presently-retired principal dad.
She recently made it known that two new TV series would soon be hitting our screens along with three movies, two of which are in Yoruba. Apart from having over 100 movies to her credit, there are a couple of other stuff you might not have known about the filmmaker:
- She came into limelight with I Need To Know (1998-2002), a sitcom sponsored by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and directed by Lloyd Weaver.
- She holds a law degree, same as actor Kenneth Okonkwo (Wives on Strike – 2016), from the University of Lagos. She also has an OND from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Mass Communication.
- The iRoko TV Ambassador debuted as a filmmaker with 13th Day: Ojo Ketala in 2005, a film written by her and directed by Sunday Ogunyemi (Ejide – 2007). Her big break came in 2008 with the movie – Jenifa, a genre of hilarious comedy directed by Muyideen Ayinde and written by Sadiq Adebayo. The film starred top actors like Jide Kosoko, Eniola Badmus, Adebayo Salami, Yomi Fash-Lanso and Yinka Quadri.
- She debuted as an actress in Opa Williams’ Naked Wire (1997) where she was cast as a waitress. Other films she’s starred in include Omo Ghetto, Married But Living Single, Ladies Gang and Maami among many others.
- In 2009 she won the award for the Best Actress in a Lead Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) and also this year at the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for the Best Actress in a Comedy. Funke Akindele has also been recognized for her talent at the Future Awards, Dynamix Awards, City People Awards and AfroHollywood Awards.
The Jenifa’s Diary star who was married between May 2012 and July 2013 has said that the desire to promote good values as well as the need to give back to the society and make a difference is her driving force. Check out her hilarious clip with AY of 30 Days in Atlanta below.
Image Credits: Nollywood Mindspace