In Entreat, a 2016 movie by Michael Asuelime, he was the father of two children from two women he hadn’t even married. Even though his performances and continuous appearances in many major releases has been consistent and very entertaining, the multiple award-winning actor doesn’t seem to be resting on his laurels as he also casts in the recently released ATM (Authentic Tentative Marriage) alongside Yvonne Jegede. A couple of fun facts about the 1.97m tall GIAMA winner might surprise you.
- Some of his awards include: 2012 Best of Nollywood Awards’ Most Promising Actor – In The Cupboard, 2013 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards’ Best Supporting Actor – Weekend Getaway, 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards’ Best Supporting Actor – Weekend Getaway, and 2014 Screen Nation Awards’ Favourite Male Emerging Screen Talent (African).
- He’s starred in popular TV series such as Tinsel, AY’s Crib and Married to the Game.
- Alex’s film debut was a minor role in Sinners in the House – 2005, a movie by Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen (Invasion 1897 – 2014).
- He was the first runner-up at the 2010 Mr. Nigeria contest and is the lover-boy in Yemi Alade’s hit music video Johnny. This is actually a throwback picture of him, time does fly.
- He’s also a native of Arochukwu in Abia State.
- Alex attended the Federal Government College Daura, Katsina State.
- He studied Law at the University of Calabar.
- He has a Diploma in Mass Communication from the Calabar Polytechnic.
- Alex Ekubo made his first Yoruba film debut in Tosin Osoba’s – Ifedolapo, a story of a young medical doctor and his jealous wife whose obsession and insecurity knows no bounds.
- His first major role was in Ladies Men and he stands at a height of 1.97m (6′ 5½”).
Popular for his roles in movies like The First Lady, Keeping My Man, and Lagos Cougars, the actor and model has said in an interview last year that he’s “single for now” and “still searching for that right one that can handle all this greatness”.
Watch Alex Ekubo in a Nollywood flick below and share your thoughts in the comments.