Director: Tom Verica
Writers: Shonda Rhimes, Julia Quinn
Cast: Golda Rosheuvel, India Amarteifio, Adjoa Andoh, Arsema Thomas, James Fleet, Corey Mylchreest, Michelle Fairley, Sam Clemmett
If you’ve seen Young QC, chances are you cry every time it’s mentioned or certain scenes come to mind. If that be the case, Sorrows. Sorrows. Prayers. I hope you bounce back real quick.
Additionally, this piece is for you—not out of total consolation (I’m still a sobbing mess myself), but rather because I assume that, given how much you adore the series, you’d want to learn more about how it was created.
I hope I was right.
- Arsema had never seen The Bridgerton before she auditioned and had no idea who Lady Danbury was
Fortunately, she naturally shared some mannerisms with Adjoa(Older Lady Danbury)and was able to pull it off. I call show off though. That Arsema. Tsk tsk. Inject it into my bloodstream! 🤧
2. The ice in the ice- bath was not actual ice, just rubber
Contrary to what we saw, the bath was rather lukewarm- what we thought was ice was just rubbers cut into shards. Well done to Corey and the medical assistants for perfectly syncing the part where he goes in the bath and the time he comes up for air to make it look like an ice-bath.
3. The gowns were so heavy that Indie had to wear a back brace for one of her coronation outfits
Ahh! God save the Queen!
4. The graphic designer who was “King George’s handwriting” had to study his writing style -from sanity to madness.
And for continuity purposes, because those letters were read in action and shot close-up, she had to repeat the exact type in 30 places, as opposed to reprinting, which is what she’d have normally done.
5. The Pomeranians peed on Goldie four times while filming the Christmas tree scene
Well, I’m curious. How did the Poms coordinate the potty breaks? Was it two potty breaks each💀? Or….Never mind.
6. It was Dominic Danbury’s first movie role ever
Lady Danbury’s first child, remember? His real name is Isaiah Ajiboye and young Lord Danbury was his first ever movie role.
7. Goldie was most likely wearing her Uggs at any scene where she was seated.
Queen Charlotte(Goldie)’s fashion sense(off and on screen)is one of her many peculiar characters but not at the expense of her comfort. It is why on the set of the Bridgertons, beneath the oceans of silk and brocade, especially when she is seated, her feet were most likely hugged in Uggs.
8. Sam Clemmett( Younger Brimsley) auditioned and got rejected for the Colin Bridgerton role 5 times before he got cast for “Brimsley”
After missing out on playing Colin Bridgerton, Sam was offered some minor roles for The Bridgerton but got advised by his manager to wait till something better comes up. He did wait, and something better in the form of Brimsley’s character role, came up.
9. Lastly, “Where is Reynolds?” is the exact reaction the producers aimed for
Yup. There had been a scene where Young Reynolds danced with the Older Brimsley but it was intentionally cut out to leave it more open ended. If the not knowing made you ugly cry, don’t hold back! Send Shonda Rhimes your therapy bill today!
Thanks for reading. Which of the BTS facts did you find most interesting? Let me know in the comments!