“Alter Ego” the movie which is directed by Moses Inwang received a strong boost with an announcement that Omotola Jalade Ekeinde would be featuring. The announcement marked her return to the industry after a three years hiatus. There was wild excitement from fans of the Nollywood veteran. The film has enjoyed quite the impressive publicity rounds, the filmmakers made a splash of it while shooting, and later they released first photos from the set to build excitement. The trailer was released earlier in the year and we are really eager to see the movie for the following reasons.
5. Omotola returns to the screen in more than three years and she gets raunchy: The movie which features the actress as Adaora Igwe, a lawyer who specializes in defending less privileged abuse victims, comes with quite a number of sexually explicit scenes. This should cause quite the controversy but Omotola is ready for the critics. This is Omotola’s return after three years to the movie industry. The last time we saw her was in Leila Djansi’s ‘Ties that Bind” and in Private Storm with John Dumelo. For its good publicity, this should mark the perfect return, and hopefully, it means more projects for the star.
4. Moses Inwang hardly disappoints: Moses is a director, editor, screenwriter and producer. With a career spanning over a decade and half, Inwang’s got his first movie credit in 1998 when he co-produced the blockbuster Two Good Men. In his impressive thriller “Torn”, Moses Inwang takes on mental illness fiercely. He does the same in ‘Stalker”. He loves his thrillers and even though ‘Alter Ego” seems to follow the pattern of the mental illness storyline, the background story looks to be different.
3. The Storyline: On the poster of “Alter Ego” we see split images and the name “Alter Ego” makes us inquisitive. The early synopsis we have gotten of the film says a woman will stop at nothing to see sex offenders and molesters punished. If she cannot get the courts to imprison them, she will find other ways to punish them. Omotola playing Adaora Igwe, a woman with a split personality is definitely a reason to check this out.
2. The power cast: The film boasts of an impressive cast that includes Wale Ojo, Tina Mba, Bobby Obodo, Kunle Remi, Esther Eyibio, Francis Ochie, Elvina Ibru. Wale Ojo and Tina Mba are two other reasons we are excited to see this, but for Kunle Remi, this could be the perfect boost to leading man status. The actor has enjoyed a string of performances this year. His most impressive is from “Tiwa’s Baggage” directed by Biodun Stephen. It will be interesting to see what he will do beside these respected actors. We really hope he makes the best of this.
1. The trailer: The trailer is quite delicious to watch. It features a strong line of action. We can see that it will be an emotional roller-coaster. This is a court drama, and and court dramas are quite intelligent. We hope that Alter Ego meets up to the impressive trailer and the hype.
Directed by Moses Inwang and produced by Esther Eyibio, “Alter Ego” debuts on July 21, 2017.