Stalker, a movie that hit the cinemas earlier this year starring Jim Iyke, was produced by Caroline Danjuma, a mother of three children who recently showcased her beauty skills for the Nigerian designer – Ayo Van Elmar, at the Lagos Boat Club’s first fashion night out at the penthouse in Freedom Park, shows her versatility in the industry and much more. For our premiere “Woman Crush Wednesday” Xplore presents 10 Fun Facts about Caroline:
- She’s a half Nigerian and half Scottish actress, producer and beauty entrepreneur who likes Afang soup and can cook it really well.
- She attended Federal Girls Government College and African Church Model College during her secondary school.
- The University of Calabar graduate got married in 2007 to Musa Danjuma, a wealthy businessman, and they both have three children.
- She debuted her first movie role with Chico Ejiro in the film Deadly Kiss – 2003 and starred in other films like Endless Lies, The Captors, Angel and the Beast, and The Twist alongside casts like Jim Iyke, Desmond Elliot and Hanks Anuku. Take a peep at the movie trailer for Deadly Kiss
- She was born June 26, 1987.
- She was off the movie scene for about 10-years and upon returning to Nollywood, Caroline Danjuma said: “It was not easy because it’s been like eight to nine years or even a decade that I last featured in a movie. It was very scary… I said the role should be given to someone better than me… So I picked Nse Ikpe…”
- She got 12 nominations for her first movie – Stalker at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) 2015.
- In the midst of the recent fuel scarcity and endless power outage, she lauded the President Muhammadu Buhari on the recent removal of fuel subsidy, describing him as one of the most honest leaders in the country. I’m not sure PDP people would agree anyway.
- She premiered her award winning movie – Stalker on 27th Feb. 2016 and saw a lot of stars such as Joseph and Adaeze Yobo, Elma Godwin, and Ini Edo. The movie which starred Nse Ikpe Etim, Jim Iyke and herself and may be described as what you may call a triumphant re-entry into the movie scene.
- She also runs a company with specializations in directing and script-writing.
Caroline Danjuma, has been very versatile on different aspects in the industry, proving that there is nothing you can’t do, once you set your mind to it and thus earns our #WCW title.
Watch a clip of Caroline in a Deadly Kiss here: